TED Notepad Bug Reporting
small - quick - light - innovative - extensible - variable - free
This listing describes bugs found in previous major versions of TED Notepad. It also tries to describes how to avoid the bugs and/or what workaround might solve the problem until a real fix is released. Check this list from time to time, just to be sure, or join the mailing-list to receive announcements of critical bugs.
If you think you have found a bug in TED Notepad and it is not listed on this page, please, let me know, using a form at the bottom of this page. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Versions 5.4.2, 5.0.3, 4.5.5
Legacy versions 4.3.1, 3.1.1
- Note: Non-critical bugs are not being fixed in these legacy versions. Request a fix explicitly (if you have a good reason for that), to get some of these fixed. I am open to any kind of reason or deal.
- Save window position and size troubles. Each of these versions generates some kind of troubles when saving window position and/or size. Mostly when the Start menu is located on the top of the screen or when the window is minimized upon application exit.
- Sorting as numbers. Each of these versions generates some kind of bug when sorting as numbers. Mostly the given results are incorrect.
- Big-Endian Unicode. None of these versions recognizes Big-Endian Unicode correctly. Mostly the loaded results are unusable, if any.
- Replace All. Replace All mechanism replaces only occurrences which are behind the current caret position. This behavior was desired at the time, but it is a difference against the behavior of the original Windows Notepad.
- Read/write share locks. All these versions use different kinds of share locks upon loading/saving files. That prevents them from loading/saving files that are already being written to (and/or read from).
- /p Print command line parameter. None of these versions recognizes such option, which is a difference against behavior of the original Windows Notepad.
- Changing the font color has no effect. The font color, even if set, is not being used for the edit window at all. You can change the font color only by changing colors of the entire system.
- Character classification routine does not recognize all alphanums. Standard CRT library used to classify word characters does not support all language-specific characters (e.g. á). Word-based tools (e.g. Case tools, Select Word, ...) do not recognize words with such characters as a single word.
Report a bug
If you've found a bug, please, use the form below to report it. Do not forget to describe the bug as precisely as possible. Include the version of TED Notepad you use and add your system info too (e.g. version of windows and service pack number might help). Example of data on which the bug occurs helps a lot. I need to reproduce the bug to find it and fix it.
Copyright (c) 2001-2012, Medvedik, Juraj Simlovic.
All rights reserved.
Design (c) 2008-2012, Juraj Simlovic.
Site made with TED Notepad.
Request took 0.0637 sec.