From TED Notepad
This section is up to date for TED Notepad version 22.214.171.124.
Unless the context requires otherwise,
- “may not” means does not have the right to do something,
- “including” (and any of its derivative forms) means including but not limited to,
- “shall” is expression of command, not merely expressions of future intent or expectation.
You understand that
- The author offers this software to the public with best intentions, and for free, but without any guarantees, promises or assurances.
- The author cannot reasonably asses (or verify) the quality, adequacy, correctness or completeness of the software, and leaves this task with you.
- The author cannot reasonably asses legal consequences of you using (or not using) this software, and leaves this task with you.
End User License Agreement
- This software is FREEWARE. You are welcome to distribute it, but only AS IT IS and only as FREEWARE. You may not sell this software. If you make profit from distribution of this software, you must always make it obvious and clear, that this software is freeware and that it is available for free at the official home page. You may not hide the fact that this software is freeware in attempt to make profit. If you make profit from this software, you are kindly asked for a donation of your choice.
- You may not include this software as a transparent portion of other software. If you distribute this software with other software, you must always make it obvious and clear, that this software is also available independently from the other software at the official home page. The presence and name of this software must always be obvious and clear. You may not hide the name of this software in any way.
- The authorship credit for this software must be obvious and clear. If you distribute this software, the authorship credit must appear where any other comparable authorship credit appears.
- If you distribute this software, you must distribute all parts of the software, including the documentation files. See the official download page for distributable packages.
- You MAY NOT MODIFY this software or any portion of it. You may not translate or localize this software. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or alter this software. You may not create derivative works from this software or any portion of it. You may not modify the documentation and/or installation files.
- You are welcome to use this software for personal and/or commercial purposes for free and for as long as you wish. If you make profit by using this software, you are kindly asked for a donation of your choice.
- This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In no event shall the author be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, repercussive, resulting, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like), or any other damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on, or inability to use the software, even if the author shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, the author's liability shall be limited to the extent permitted by law. The entire risk as to the quality and performance, the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, correctness and validity is with the user.